Data Privacy Notice
The club is committed to respecting members’ privacy. This appendix is to explain how the management committee of Pewsey Vale Bowls Club, may use the personal information (data) the club collects before and during the period of membership. This appendix sets out what data is collected and stored, for what purposes the management committee use that data, who has access to that data and members’ rights with respect to their data.
Members’ Personal Data:
This data takes the form of contact information from all members through an application form at the point of joining the club. All new members are expected to complete an application form, and information taken from these forms will appear on contact lists that include full names, gender, address details, telephone numbers and email addresses, which will be held by the Secretary and Treasurer. The Social Secretary has access only to members’ email addresses, in order to keep members informed about social events. Information is held electronically and in paper form. Paper application forms, membership renewal and coaching application forms are kept securely. Records of changes to details provided by members are updated by the Secretary.
The club take photographs from time to time throughout the season and these may be used for historical purposes and for promoting the club including on our club website. The club does not publish any club member’s details unless specific consent has been sought. The club may produce a Members Handbook or Members Contact List each year, which will include members’ names and telephone numbers to enable contact between members regarding matches, competitions and social events.
Processing Members’ Personal Data
The management committee of Pewsey Vale Bowls Club complies with its obligation under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) by keeping members’ data up to date, by storing and destroying it securely, by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data, by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
The club has not appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee our compliance with data protection laws as the club is not required to do so. The management committee has overall responsibility for data protection compliance in the club. Contact details are set out at the end of this document.
The management committee uses data for the following purposes:
- To administer the club.
- To inform members of news, events and activities.
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the club.
Access to Members’ Personal Data
Unless required to do so by law, Pewsey Vale Bowls Club will not share members’ data outside the club, except when providing
- Name and telephone number to Bowls Wiltshire for registration and insurance purposes.
- Name and email address (if permission given) to the Bowls Development Agency related to the coaching of new members.
How Long Does Pewsey Vale Bowls Club Retain Members’ Personal Data?
Membership data will be securely destroyed once membership ceases.
Members’ Rights and Personal Data
Unless subject to an exemption under GDPR, members have the following rights with respect to their personal data.
- The right to request a copy of their personal data which Pewsey Vale Bowls Club hold about them obtainable from the Honorary Secretary.
- The right to request that the management committee of Pewsey Vale Bowls Club corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request that personal data be erased where it is no longer necessary for the committee of Pewsey Vale Bowls Club to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw their consent to the processing at any time.
- The right to request that the club transfer any elements of their personal data either to them or another service provider.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy of their personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Contact in the case of any query:
Please lodge your enquiry, in the first instance, in writing, to:
Pewsey Vale Bowls Club
The Recreation Ground, High Street, Pewsey, SN9 5AQ
We only use harmless cookies that are essential for the website to function correctly.
By using and browsing our website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with our policy. If you do not consent, you must turn off cookies or refrain from using the site. Turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using any website.
Browser Settings / How to change your preferences
Cookies are saved to your browser, so to turn off any cookie you will have to do so for every browser you use. Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/default.aspx or http://www.allaboutcookies.org/faqs/privacy.html.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.