Data Privacy Notice
We are committed to respecting your privacy. This notice is to explain how we, the management committee of Pewsey Vale Bowls Club, may use the personal information (data) we collect before and during your membership with us. This notice sets out what data we collect and store, for what purposes we use that data, who has access to that data and your rights with respect to your data.
Members’ Personal Data:
This data takes the form of contact information from all members through an application form at the point of joining the club. All new members are expected to complete an application form, and information taken from these forms will appear on contact lists that include full names, gender, address details, telephone numbers and email addresses, which will be held by the Secretary and Treasurer. Information is held electronically and in paper form. Paper Application forms, membership renewal and coaching application forms are kept securely. Records of changes to details provided by members are updated by the Secretary.
We take photographs from time to time throughout the season and these may be used for historical purposes and promoting the club including on our club website. We do not publish any club member’s details unless specific consent has been sought.
The Club may produce a Members Handbook or Members Contact List each year, which will include members’ names and telephone numbers to enable contact between members regarding matches, competitions and social events.
Processing Members’ Personal Data
The management committee of Pewsey Vale Bowls Club complies with its obligation under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) by keeping your data up to date, by storing and destroying it securely, by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data, by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We have not appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee our compliance with data protection laws as we are not required to do so. The management committee has overall responsibility for data protection compliance in our club. Contact details are set out at the end of this document.
We use this data for the following purposes:
- To administer the club.
- To inform members of news, events and activities.
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the club.
Access to Members’ Personal Data
Unless required to do so by law, Pewsey Vale Bowls Club will not share your members data outside the club, except when providing
- Name and telephone number to Bowls Wiltshire for registration and insurance purposes.
- Name and email address (if permission given) to the Bowls Development Agency related to the coaching of new members.
How Long Does Pewsey Vale Bowls Club Retain Members’ Personal Data?
Membership data will be securely destroyed once membership ceases.
Your Rights and Your Personal Data
Unless subject to an exemption under GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data.
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Pewsey Vale Bowls Club hold about you obtainable from the Honorary Secretary.
- The right to request that the management committee of Pewsey Vale Bowls Club corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request that personal data be erased where it is no longer necessary for the committee of Pewsey Vale Bowls Club to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
- The right to request that we transfer any elements of your personal data either to you or another service provider.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Contact in the case of any query:
Please lodge your enquiry, in the first instance, in writing, to:
Pewsey Vale Bowls Club
The Recreation Ground
High Street, Pewsey
We only use harmless cookies that are essential for the website to function correctly.
By using and browsing our website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with our policy. If you do not consent, you must turn off cookies or refrain from using the site. Turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using any website.
Browser Settings / How to change your preferences
Cookies are saved to your browser, so to turn off any cookie you will have to do so for every browser you use. Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/default.aspx or http://www.allaboutcookies.org/faqs/privacy.html.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.